We repair all types of electric gates, entry systems and accessories.
If your gate has stopped functioning, there are various reasons why that might be. There could be issues with the power it needs to run – make sure that the gate’s electrical breaker is turned on. If you don’t have a dedicated breaker for the gate or you don’t know where it is, look for signs that your operator has power.
For example: you should hear a clicking noise coming from the operator when you press your remote. If there is power, make sure there is nothing physically blocking the gate’s movement. If this is the case, your motor might need to be reset. If none of these suggestions have fixed the issue, it is time to call in a professional.
More damage can be done if the gate operator is worked on by someone without the knowledge and expertise of how they work. Most gate operators are equipped with a built-in reverse sensor. This sensor stops/reverses the gate when it hits an obstacle. If your gate is installed in a commercial property (residential buildings with more than four units are also considered a commercial property), you are required to have at least two safety devices installed (UL-325 industry standard).
At Access Control Garage Doorand Gates, we can design, install and/or repair an electric gate system for your home, lot or office building. You will receive top notch service that is both fast and efficient. We repair all types of gates, entry systems and accessories. Pacific Garage Door & Gates is committed to providing a professional service to all it’s customers and always with a smile.
Even though you don’t have to, we recommend having an additional safety device installed, to completely prevent contact. Your gate operator might already have the reverse sensor, but before it will reverse it will possibly cause damage to your vehicle. For a relatively small investment you can prevent this from happening.
What kinds of safety devices we can offer?
These are a few of the most common safety devices available today:
- Photo-eye. The photo eye sends and receives a signal across your driveway, when this signal breaks your gate reverses. This is a good inexpensive protection for kids, vehicles and pets.
- Loop sensor. The loop sensor is installed under your driveway, and using a magnetic field detects your vehicle. This is a very reliable protection for vehicles, and very commonly used in commercial properties.
- Miller-edge. This touch-activated sensor is a long piece of rubber installed on the edge of your gate. When it hits an obstacle the sensor sends an immediate signal to your operator to reverse. It is a good protection for vehicles.
With Access Control Garage Door & Gates you don’t have to worry about scrapping your electric gate because of malfunction or structural damage. Our job is to offer electric gate repair that assesses and addresses all that must be done to restore your electric gate to full functioning order.
Electric Gate Services
Access Control Garage and Gates, is a family run business dedicated to the Installation, service and repair of all types of electric gates in Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange County.
We pride ourselves on our ability to respond to your requirements, Emergency repairs, and automated gate servicing, We have structured a quick response service team, on-call 7 days a week to efficiently deal with all your electric gate issues.
Here are some of the service points we emphasize when servicing your Electric Gate:
- Motor Replacement
- Replacement Parts
- Tracks Alignment
- Repair of Swing gates
- Repair of Sliding gates
- Chain tension adjustments
- Hinge and wheels lubrication
- Monitoring of gate’s travel time.
- Confirmation that all safety devices, function properly.
- Confirmation that gate movement is free